The releases of this section are outdated and will not be supported. The relating packages may work, but we encourage you to install a recent KDE release.
- install development tools with the Cygwin Installer, at least
- XFree (at least base and prog)
- The qt source requires yacc, which could be emulates through byacc (It was reported
that using bison doesn't work).
Create a yacc wrapper by entering the following lines into a bash shell and enter
RETURN and CTRL-D to close the cat command.
- checkout qt sources
Just press "Enter" if there is a question about a password
cvs -z7 co qt-2
- configure qt
- create symbolic link from the
<qt-src-dir> to /usr/lib/qt2
ln -s <qt-src-dir> /usr/lib/qt2
- In the last step you should set some environment variables for accessing the qt dll's, qt applications
and the man pages regardless of your current directory location.
To ensure a permanent activation of this settings you can add the settings to /etc/profile or,
which is the better way, create a script in the /etc/profile.d dir.
This script will be called every time a new bash shell is opened.
Create this script by copying the following lines into a bash shell and enter RETURN
and CTRL-D to close the cat command.
At last you should reread the environment to activate this settings for
your current bash shell with